Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The Sea View Estates is an affordable development in Staten Island with a total unit capacity of 316 and will have a set-aside to lease to 48 households formerly residing in City homeless shelters. CAMBA provides on-site case management and supportive services.
Position: Program Manager
Reports To: Assistant Program Director
Location: 201 Hamilton Avenue Staten Island NY 10301
What the Program Manager Does:
- Manage one or more programs which require contact with internal and external individuals and/or the community.
- Has understanding of all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff.
- Participate in program design.
- Participate in startup activities including marketing and lease up, program development and implementation etc.
- Communicate with peers in other CAMBA programs on issues related to client progress and best program practices.
- Develop and document all program activities.
- Ensure that all apartment vacancies are filled within 4-6 weeks.
- Access community resources for clients.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Must be fingerprinted and obtain Criminal History Checks” (CHC) with Justice Center for the Protection of Vulnerable People with Special Needs.
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- As a Mandated Reporter, you must immediately report suspected incidents/cases of abuse and neglect to the Vulnerable Persons Central Register (VPCR) Hotline at 1-855-373-2122 and complete a CAMBA Incident Report.
- Experience in clinical supervision, housing issues and working with individuals with mental illness, substance abuse issues, HIV/AIDS and other special needs.
- Experience developing and facilitating groups.
- Knowledge of supportive housing services operations.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA