Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Trinity Financial has developed and CAMBA will provide on-site support services at Van Dyke III, a 180 unit supportive/affordable housing development for individuals and families. Van Dyke III will be located on the campus of Van Dyke Houses, a NYCHA-owned public housing development in the Brownsville neighborhood in Brooklyn. The Van Dyke facility will provide 54 units for New York/New York III formerly homeless families under NYC 15/15. The remaining 126 units will provide housing for low-income households, including a live-in superintendent. CAMBA will have a full on-site office suite and offer case management to promote healthy living, connection to medical, mental health and substance treatment, and assisting tenants to access and maintain public benefits; computer trainings and resume workshops within the on-site computer library; financial literacy programs; access and referral services to other CAMBA programs and local organizations and service providers; community-building activities to help integrate the tenants; and additional supports as needed to help tenants succeed and remain stably housed.
Position: Program Manager
Reports To: Program Director
Location: 405 Dumont Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11207
What The Program Manager Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under general direction, to manage one or more programs that require contact with internal and external individuals and/or the community. Has an understanding of all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff, and participate in program design; including the following:
- Manage one or more programs which require contact with internal and external individuals and/or the community.
- Have an understanding of all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff and participate in program design.
- Oversee all program operations and manage direct reporting program staff and their subordinates.
- Work with direct reporting staff to set staff performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
- Interface with the Director of Housing Operations or the property management company to ensure the building is clean and operating efficiently.
- Participate in start up activities including marketing and lease up, program development and implementation etc. Access community resources for clients.
- Ensure that all apartment vacancies are filled within 4-6 weeks.
- Prepare, review and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of, contract reports and statistical information for both CAMBA management and funder use.
- Oversee onsite and organize offsite training opportunities for professional development of staff.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Experience in clinical supervision, housing issues and working with individuals with mental illness, substance abuse issues, HIV/AIDS and other special needs.
- Experience developing and facilitating groups.
- Experience working with families/children.
- Knowledge of supportive housing services operations.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.