Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA Housing Ventures has developed and will operate Supportive Family Housing at Van Dyke, a 101 unit supportive/affordable housing development for individuals and families. Van Dyke will be located on the campus of Van Dyke Houses, a NYCHA-owned public housing development in the Brownsville neighborhood in Brooklyn. The Van Dyke facility will provide 30 units for New York/New York III formerly homeless families. The remaining 71 units will provide housing for low-income households, including a live-in superintendent. Fifty-two units will be set aside for NYCHA residents. CAMBA will serve 30 chronically homeless families, or families at serious risk of becoming chronically homeless, in which the head of household suffers from a serious and persistent mental illness or is diagnosed as mentally ill and chemically addicted under Population Option II.
Position: Program Manager
Reports To: Program Director
Location: 603 Mother Gaston Blvd, Brooklyn, NY, 11212
What The Program Manager Does:
- Manage one or more programs which require contact with internal and external individuals and/or the community.
- Have an understanding of all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff and participate in program design.
- Oversee all program operations and manage direct reporting program staff and their subordinates.
- Work with direct reporting staff to set staff performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
- Interface with the Director of Housing Operations or the property management company to ensure the building is clean and operating efficiently.
- Participate in start up activities including marketing and lease up, program development and implementation etc. Access community resources for clients.
- Ensure that all apartment vacancies are filled within 4-6 weeks.
- Prepare, review and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of, contract reports and statistical information for both CAMBA management and funder use.
- Oversee onsite and organize offsite training opportunities for professional development of staff.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Experience in clinical supervision, housing issues and working with individuals with mental illness, substance abuse issues, HIV/AIDS and other special needs.
- Experience developing and facilitating groups.
- Experience working with families/children.
- Knowledge of supportive housing services operations.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.