Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Homelessness Prevention Initiative (HomeBase) is a CAMBA program that provides case management and essential services to at-risk individuals and families to prevent homelessness. Individuals and families receive services that help them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households.
Position: Program Manager
Reports To: Program Director
Locations: 1117 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, NY 11213
1958 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11233
2244 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226
120 Stuyvesant Place, Staten Island, NY 10301
209 Bay Street, Staten Island, NY 10301
What the Program Manager Does:
- Manage one or more programs which require contact with internal and external clients and/or the community
- Has understanding of all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff
- Participate in program design
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality
- Develop and document all program activities.
- Oversee all program operations and manage direct reporting program staff and their subordinates
- Ensure that all client files and program files are kept in compliance with CAMBA’s and funder’s standards.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) and three years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
Compensation: $70,000 – $75,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.