Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
PROGRAM(S Kids Unite After-School Program: Kids Unite serves 220 students at PS 170, an elementary school serving children from a largely immigrant community in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. This program is funded by Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD). The program offers supper and socialization, homework help, conflict resolution activities, academic enrichment, recreation, community circle and clubs. Kids Unite aims to teach children to “think globally, and act locally.” Program services are offered 5 days a week.
Position: Reporting Specialist
Reports To: Supervisor II
Location: 7109 6th Avenue Brooklyn, NY
What The Reporting Specialist Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under close supervision, to: (1) enter data into funder and/or organization-wide data base; (2) compare computer data against hard copies and/or source documents to verify completeness and accuracy; (3) prepare computer-generated reports for management and/or funder use; including the following:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Practice Universal Precautions/Standard Protocol & Procedures.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Keep track of received data and source documents.
- Prepare and sort source documents, and identify and prepare data to be entered.
- Enter data into the electronic database.
- Contact preparers of source documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.
- Compile, sort, and verify accuracy of data entered.
- Route source documents prior to entry, and file documents after entry.
- Organize and maintain filing system and file correspondence of personnel records and benefit forms.
- Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Order, receive, and maintain office supplies.
- Maintain participant’s files.
- Maintain daily logs for all activities
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over a period of time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and one year of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Must obtain Dept. of Health, Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance; doctor’s note certifying good health; proof of negative results from TB test; Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance and State Central Registry (SCR) clearance.
- Ability to maintain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance and fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- Ability to adapt to the culture and environment of a public school
Compensation: $18.25 hourly
Status: Part-time (10-15 hours per week)
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.