Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Homelessness Prevention Initiative (HomeBase) is a CAMBA program that provides case management and essential services to 600 at-risk individuals and families in Bedford-Stuyvesant to prevent homelessness. Individuals and families receive services that help them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households.
Position: Program Supervisor
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 1958 Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY 11233
What the Program Supervisor Does:
- Ensure that all client files and program files are kept in compliance with funder’s standards and implement CAMBA internal Quality Assurance protocol
- Analyze case management program and demographic data to make programmatic improvements
- Supervise, coach, motivate and counsel direct reporting staff to excel
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract’s goals and performance targets
- Administer constructive discipline to direct reporting staff, as needed
- Monitor and review clients’ progress weekly by conducting case conferences with staff
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders
- Prescreen clients over the telephone for eligibility and may schedule intake appointments to assist in recruitment of eligible clients
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.