Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA Family Solutions (CFS)-Solution Based Casework, is a preventive foster care program. Utilizing the Solution Based Casework (SBC), an evidenced-informed casework practice model that prioritizes working in partnership with families, focuses on pragmatic solutions to difficult situations, and notices and celebrates change. By identifying and targeting specific everyday events in the life of a family that have caused the family difficulty and through partnership with Families and other service providers, CFS helps families address risk to the safety of children and restore the family’s pride in their own competence – thus reducing the risk of out of home placement. Additional support services are also provided such as parenting workshops, parent support groups, assistance with government entitlements, health concerns, referrals for treatment programs and other barriers that may be causing the family additional stress in caring for their children.
Position: Family Team Conference Facilitator
Reports To: Program Director
Location: 444 Boyland Street Brooklyn, NY 11212
What the Family Team Conference Facilitator Does:
- Ensure the smooth running and coordination of all Family Team Conference (FTC)/program-related staff and services on a day-to-day basis and conduct Quality Assurance checks, in order to ensure that all program goals, targets, and performance outcomes are met on a monthly/project cycle basis.
- Ensure that all family team conferences are held.
- Facilitate Family Team Conferences (FTC), as well as hold pre-conferences with the case planning team.
- Coordinate all FTC duties with the administrative assistant, which includes creating the monthly FTC schedule, ensure that outreach letters are sent to all family team conference participants, schedule space for conferences, make Interpreter assignments, obtain supplies, and facilitate any other special needs requests.
- Serve as FTC liaison between CAMBA and ACS (i.e., Request ACS facilitators for “critical” conferences, and facilitate communication around any interagency FTC concerns).
- Provide external reports to ACS.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- BA and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience. MA degree preferred. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Relevant experience in a child welfare environment.
- Knowledge of NYC Children’s Services Family Team Conferencing Model and FTC trained or eligible to be trained.
- Strong clinical skills and strengths based perspective.
- Knowledge of core principles and standards for child welfare practices, ACS and OCFS regulatory standards.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to travel from site to site.
- May be required to work nights to assist with various events throughout the year.
- Bilingual preferred.
Compensation: $55,000 – $58,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.