Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Respite Bed Program is a network of over 35 churches and synagogues who donate their time and space to serve homeless clients of The Gathering Place, CAMBA’s Drop-In Center. Each site provides a safe bed and a warm dinner to between 6 and 20 guests nightly. This allows the guests to spend their days focused on overcoming homelessness, rather than on finding a place to sleep. Every site is run differently, but they have many things in common. All engage committed and compassionate volunteers; all provide a safe and friendly place for people in need; all serve nutritious and hot dinners; and all are secular despite being run out of houses of worship. CAMBA’s Respite Bed Program staff work to ensure that this dedicated network has all the resources and support necessary to provide the nightly services. The staff team recruits, trains, places, schedules and supports volunteers; ensures that sites have necessary physical equipment and supplies (beds and linen); and coordinates daily with the drop-in center about client issues including transportation, screening, orientation and appropriate behavior.
Position: Project Coordinator
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 1402 Eighth Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215
What The Project Coordinator Does:
- Recruit, train and maintain a sufficient number of volunteers to staff the respite bed sites overnight.
- Facilitate trainings for volunteers working with Drop-In Center clients including topics such as the factors contributing to homelessness and constructive strategies for diffusing clients’ anger, and behavioral de-escalation and positive reinforcement.
- Assist with the coordination of the bus/van transportation provided by the Drop-In Center or close to public transportation to meet Drop-In Center demand.
- Develop workshop curriculum and/or information sharing strategies (ie. housing-related or other information pamphlets, handouts, resources, etc.) for clients utilizing respite beds.
- Ensure that the staff and volunteers of the community-based partner(s) arrive at the sites at least one hour before operation in order to open, set up and receive clients.
- Ensure the provision of linens and cleaning supplies to respite bed providers (i.e., washing, drying, folding, bagging, carrying and delivering).
- Ensure that the respite sites provide dinner to clients.
- Liaison with community leaders and groups to build connections, gain support and troubleshoot issues/concerns.
- Respond to emergencies in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Resolve individual conflicts and disputes between volunteers, staff and clients in a respectful and solution based manner.
- Conduct field visits to respite sites to inspect conditions, ensure adequate inventory and tracking systems and provide support and resources for providers.
This position is part-time on the weekends 1-9 PM.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- May be required to stay overnight at various Respite Bed sites.
- Must have a valid New York State Driver’s License and excellent driving history
- .Must complete NYS Approved Defensive Driving Classes every 3 years.
- Must take Refresher Computerized Defensive Driver class.
- Must remain insurable based on CAMBA’s point system throughout the duration of employment.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must score at least 80% on computerized 15 passenger van improvement test every year.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must pass an observed Van Road Test.
- Acknowledge review of CAMBA’s Transportation Policy.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs, and climb stairs.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.