Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Nutritional Outreach Educational Program (NOEP) provides outreach to individuals and families who may be eligible for Food Stamps. Staff assists eligible persons on-site in filling out their applications and provides referrals to other food and nutritional resources.
Position: Project Coordinator
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 2241 Church Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What the Project Coordinator Does:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Inform the general public about the benefits of the Food Stamp Program (FSP) through various communication activities (e.g. – newspaper advertisement, presentation, radio and television advertisements, etc.).
- Conduct pre-screenings to determine potential food stamp eligibility.
- Provide information about FSP eligibility requirements to individuals who may be eligible for food stamp benefits.
- Collaborate with other programs to identify clients potentially eligible for Food Stamps.
- Provide updated and correct information about the food stamps program through outreach events.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English or Haitian Creole/English strongly preferred.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.