Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s comprehensive Workforce Development and Refugee Services Programs: Since our founding CAMBA has connected over 25,000 New Yorkers to full time jobs. Our workforce development initiatives grew out of our commitment to creating an equitable and inclusive New York City. Driven by racial and economic equality, we provide opportunities for the most economically and socially vulnerable to thrive. We work with a vast diversity of job seekers, and specialize in assisting those with special barriers to employment including refugees, political asylees, immigrant professionals, young adults, victims of human trafficking and others, from over fifty countries of origin, who are striving to connect to career paths. We take a strength based approach to career development, matching participants to specific bridge trainings which allow them to benefit from the job opportunities we develop with our employer partners. Among other areas of specialization, we have expertise in matching STEM skilled immigrant professionals to engineering sector and IT jobs locally. These award winning programs are performance-based, and success is measured by meeting engagement, employment placement, training, and retention goals. The Refugee Services Programs provide resettlement and cultural adjustment support, job training, placement and transitional support services to refugees and asylees during their 60 months of eligibility in the United States to help with any impediments to employment and self-sufficiency.
Position: Project Coordinator (Financial Support Specialist)
Reports To: Senior Program Manager
Location: 2244 Church Avenue, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Project Coordinator Does:
- The person filling this position is expected, under general supervision, to ensure the smooth coordination of all financial support services on a day-to-day basis, in order to ensure that all project/program goals, targets, and performance outcomes are met on a monthly/project cycle basis
- Ensure all client and program records are kept in compliance with funder’s standards and implement CAMBA internal Quality Assurance protocol.
- Regularly conduct financial stability workshops/ 1:1 budgeting sessions and make referrals to financial counseling and employment services as needed.
- Coordinate with case management team to prioritize screening and follow up calls to new and existing clients, to schedule appointments and/or gather information/ documentation as needed, communicating and properly recording any relevant new client information/needs discovered back to the case management team.
- Work closely with program management, as well as Fiscal Department colleagues, to create, document, and monitor all stipend payment requests and check distribution.
- Compute the amount of financial assistance needed and spent against the budget in an accurate and timely fashion and review monthly.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience in banking, financial coaching or counseling
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, refugee services and workforce development.
Compensation: $52,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.