Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Position: Security Guard
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 11 Port Richmond Ave, Staten Island, NY 10302
What The Security Guard Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under close supervision, to: (1) maintain access control and traffic inside facilities to maintain order and security of people and property; (2) detect and/or prevent fires, vandalism, theft, or infractions of the rules; (3) maintain assigned posts throughout the facility until properly relieved; (4) protect employees, visitors and tenants; and, (5) provide directions to visitors when requested
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be fingerprinted and obtain Criminal History Checks” (CHC) with Justice Center for the Protection of Vulnerable People with Special Needs.
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- As a Mandated Reporter, you must immediately report suspected incidents/cases of abuse and neglect to the Vulnerable Persons Central Register (VPCR) Hotline at 1-855-373-2122 and complete a CAMBA Incident Report.
- Must have 8 hour Pre-Assignment security guard training course certificate.
- Must obtain 16 hour On-the-Job security guard training course certificate within 90 days of employment.
- Must complete 8 Hour Annual In-Service Course each calendar year.
- Must have and maintain a NYS Security Guard license.
- Must obtain NYS Security Guard registration, and must maintain registration during employment.
- Must obtain Fire guard certification and maintain it throughout employment.
Compensation: $15.30 hourly