Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Administration-Support Staff provides a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary for the efficient and smooth day to day operations of the organization.
Position: Purchasing Clerk
Reports To: Supervisor
Location: 1720 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What the Purchasing Clerk Does:
- The person filling this position is expected to perform basic clerical and/or program related tasks.
- Maintain professional relationships with vendors, clients and maintain client confidentiality.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Assist with keeping records on contract requirements in regard to purchasing, vendors and purchasing groups.
- Assist with purchasing/procurement support (i.e.-reconcile purchase orders and invoices).
- Enter data into automated management information system and maintain up-to-date file system.
- Review purchase orders to identify programs for delivery.
- Log inventory of deliveries/packages received ensuring accuracy before signing off on deliveries.
- Maintain accurate files of paperwork of all orders (i.e. – copies of Purchase Order forms, Program Request forms and package receipts).
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) and Outlook.
- Lift and move boxes.
- Strong typing skills a must.
Compensation: $20 – $21.50 per hour
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.