Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Homelessness Prevention Initiative (HomeBase) is a CAMBA program that provides case management and essential services to at-risk individuals and families in Brooklyn and Staten Island to prevent homelessness. Individuals and families receive services that help them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households.
Position: Quality Assurance Specialist
Reports To: Program Manager
Locations: 1117 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, NY 11213; 2244 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226; 1958 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11233; 209 Bay Street, Staten Island, NY 10304; 120 Stuyvesant Place, Staten Island, NY 10304
What the Quality Assurance Specialist Does:
- Review program files for compliance with programmatic standards.
- Compare files against program standards to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare documentation reports for management use.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Keep track of received data and source documents.
- Review client files to ensure quality of data and completeness according to funder and CAMBA requirements.
- Flag files for follow-up to alert management staff of areas of files that require immediate attention for compliance.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and one year of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, issues surrounding housing and homelessness.
- A high degree of professionalism and understanding of confidentiality.
- Proven excellence in attention to detail as well as written and verbal communication.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office software and knowledge of databases.
- Interest and ability to adapt to changing demands and learn on the job, while consistently maintaining high standards.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, New York City Housing and Public Assistance Systems.
- Reliable, energetic, positive, proactive, team player.
Compensation: $25 – $30 hourly
Status: Part-time (25 hours per week)