Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA operates five homeless shelters funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services. Each shelter offers clients a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. Homeless (often mentally-ill and substance-abusing) men and women are provided with comprehensive services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent and/or supported housing. CAMBA’s Magnolia House located in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn serves 200 single women at any given time. The majority of these clients are diagnosed with mental illness, some dually with chemical addictions as well.
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 1424 Herkimer St, Brooklyn, NY 11233
What The Receptionist Does:
- Operate multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls.
- Direct callers to appropriate personnel.
- Assist non-clerical staff with clerical work (i.e., data collection and entry.)
- Welcome onsite visitors, determine nature of business, and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Create and print fax cover sheets, memo, correspondence, report, program marketing materials, and other document when necessary.
- Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, collating and taking minutes at meetings.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Sufficient education (English-speaking, -reading, -writing, & math abilities) to comprehend oral and written information and to assist callers and visitors and staff.
- Ability to type 25 words per minute.
Compensation: – $16.32/ hour –
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)-
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.