Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The Park Slope Shelter for Women located at the Park Slope Armory in Brooklyn serves 100 MICA women.
Position: Recreation Aide
Reports To: Supervisor
Location: 1402 Eighth Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215
What the Recreation Aide Does:
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Assist with the development of recreational program content.
- Organize and lead activities planned to enhance the social development of individual and/or group members.
- Assist with the teaching of physical education, arts and crafts, performing arts, music, sports, ADL or other recreational activities.
- Assist in planning, coordination and implementation of recreation goals and objectives.
- Assist with the design and production of aesthetic visuals for public spaces of the shelter which reflect cultural, seasonal and programmatic themes.
- Market and publicize recreational activities and events to recruit and engage clients.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
Compensation: $15.30 hourly
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.