Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Citywide Scattered Site Housing Program: CAMBA’s Citywide Scattered Site Housing Program provides a total of 52 units of scattered site housing to chronically homeless individuals with serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI). The apartments are located throughout New York City. Program clients receive case management services. Clients contribute 30% of their income to rent.
Position: Residence Coordinator
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 220 West 167th Street, Bronx, NY 10452
What The Residence Coordinator Does:
- Ensure the smooth running and coordination of building units, on a day-to-day basis, in order to ensure that all residence goals, targets, and performance outcomes are met on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Obtain & submit leases, and other required documentation, for review to Program Manager/ Program Director in a timely manner.
- Ensure that apartment units are ready prior to occupancy.
- Coordinate with utilities companies to activate utilities, investigate clients’ complaints of unpaid utility bills; case conference with case manager and client, if necessary.
- Act as liaison between Case Managers, maintenance workers, and the Fiscal Department to address various issues i.e. housing plans, maintenance work/repairs, fiscal issues.
- Collect and track all client programmatic fee/rent payments and keep track of expiration dates of leases.
- Process work orders as needed and review all signed work orders to ensure work has been done.
- Review all utility bills and submit to Fiscal Department.
- Conduct regular inspections of client rooms/apartments in congregate site and/or community-based apartments with assistance from other program staff (i.e., security personnel).
- Maintain accurate records (i.e. furniture, maintenance supplies, food, office stock) on premises and/or in community-based apartments.
- Request Emergency Assistance to assist clients in paying clients’ portion of utility bills, if needed.
- Respond immediately to emergencies and inform supervisor.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and 2 years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.