Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Evergreen Residence is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 51 families in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The five story facility has rooms of various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and social services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent housing.
Position: Residential Aide
Reports To: Supervisor
Location: 1144 Evergreen Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10472
What the Residential Aide Does:
- Assist clients in the development of daily independent living skills through both individual and group Activities of Daily Living (ADL) sessions, including laundry, meal preparation and clean up, personal hygiene, shopping, and maintaining a schedule of activities.
- Maintain inventory of food and dry goods.
- Provide clients with an orientation of the facility, services and personal care items, upon arrival.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Update and inform clients of program changes (i.e., food services changes, laundry assignments, etc.) through individual and group meetings.
- Conduct room inspection to ensure client compliance with facility policies.
- Ensure that clients receive personal care products and laundry products weekly, and replace any personal care items as needed.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Must obtain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance, The Register of Substantiated Category One Cases of Abuse or Neglect aka Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance and Criminal history information checks via fingerprinting with New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services prior to start of employment.
- Ability to maintain clearances throughout the duration of employment.
- Participate in Department of Health Food Protection 15 hour Course, pass exam and become a certified Food Handler.
- Must obtain Annual PPD Test.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.