Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The Gathering Place is a Brooklyn Drop-In Center serving 125 homeless men and women 18 years and older. The Center is open 24-hours-a-day / 7-days-a-week and provides a safe, sanitary, and stable alternative to the street. The Center uses an individualized and flexible approach to serve the hard-to-reach homeless population. Center services include: two nutritious meals a day; shower and laundry facilities; access to clothing, mail and telephone services; recreational activities; intensive case management services; benefits/entitlements assistance; and, comprehensive medical and mental healthcare services, including acupuncture, substance abuse counseling and treatment referral services. The Center’s goal is to re-connect clients to treatment services and assist in their transition to temporary shelter and/or permanent housing. The Center is equipped for handicapped accessibility and has central heat and air conditioning. CAMBA’s operation of the Park Slope Women’s Shelter, Broadway House Women’s Shelter and the Atlantic Avenue Men’s Shelter facilitates a smoother and easier access to the shelter system for those homeless individuals reluctant to enter the shelter system via the standard shelter assessment facilities.
Position: Client Care Coordinator
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 2402 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11233
What the Client Care Coordinator Does:
- Assist clients in the development of daily independent living skills, including laundry, meal preparation and clean up, personal hygiene, shopping, and maintaining a schedule of activities.
- Maintain inventory of food and dry goods.
- Provide clients with an orientation of the facility, services and personal care items, upon arrival.
- Monitor clients’ behavior and report client changes in behavior or personal care to Supervisor and/or appropriate social services staff.
- Ensure that clients receive personal care products and laundry products weekly, and replace any personal care items as needed.
- Update and inform clients of facility changes through individual and group meetings.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience
- Participate in Department of Health Food Protection 15 hour Course and pass exam
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.