Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA operates homeless shelters funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services. Each shelter offers clients a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. Homeless (often mentally-ill and substance-abusing) men and women are provided with comprehensive services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent and/or supported housing. CAMBA’s Rising Up Men’s Shelter is a 141 bed men’s employment shelter located in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. This shelter will provide an array of services with a strong focus on connections for residents to achieve stable employment to lead to permanent housing.
Position: Residential Aide
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
Location: 39 Ainslie Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11211
What the Residential Aide Does: The Residential Aide under general direction is expected to:
- Assist clients in the development of daily independent living skills through both individual and group Activities of Daily Living (ADL) sessions, including laundry, meal preparation and clean up, personal hygiene, shopping, and maintaining a schedule of activities.
- Maintain inventory of food and dry goods.
- Provide clients with an orientation of the facility, services and personal care items, upon arrival.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or HSE and/or equivalent experience.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Participate in Department of Health Food Protection 15 hour Course, pass exam and become a certified Food Handler.
- Must obtain Annual PPD Test.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.