Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors, and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross-section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Youth Empowerment Services (YES) Bed Stuy partnership is a cross-sector partnership to provide meaningful education and employment opportunities with the goal of creating financial security and economic mobility for our participants. We provide out-of-school and out-of-work young adults of the Bed Stuy neighborhood ages 18 to 24 years old with essential skills training, professional credentialing, wraparound services, and meaningful employment opportunities.
Position: Community Liaison II
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: Brooklyn, NY
What The Resource Coordinator Does:
- Assess young adults for YES Bed Stuy membership and support them with referrals
- Coordinate with the partnership’s Youth Committee
- Support social media, website, and other marketing and communications
- Keep information on young adults and outcomes up-to-date in the partnership database
- Meet regularly with the partnership and maintain current knowledge of programs and services for referrals
- Perform other duties as required
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High School Diploma / HSE
- Associate’s degree (A.S.) or equivalent college credits preferred.
- 2 years of Youth Development Experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain:
- Doctor’s note certifying good health
- Proof of negative results from TB test
- State Central Registry (SCR) clearance
- Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance (DOE)
- Must have access to a computer and reliable internet and phone service.
- Knowledge and interest in database management.
Compensation: $27.20 hourly
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.