Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
97 Crooke Avenue (Reverend Dan Ramm Residence) is a building which was developed and is operated by CAMBA Housing Ventures (CHV), an initiative to develop affordable housing for persons with low income and/or with special needs living in Brooklyn and New York City. 97 Crooke Ave opened in March 2012 and provides 53 units of affordable/supportive housing building in the Flatbush section of Brooklyn. CAMBA, Inc. is the on-site services provider at 97 Crooke Avenue. The social services staff is responsible for providing case management and supportive services to the 32 low-income individuals who are seriously and persistently mentally ill and who exited the shelter system. The remaining 20 units are occupied by community residents, who may require some services, and a live in super resides in the final unit.
Position: Security Guard
Reports To: Senior Program Director
Location: 97 Crooke Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11226
What The Security Guard Does:
- Monitor and ensure the security and fire safety of the entire facility.
- Employ crisis prevention/intervention and crisis management skills when conflict occurs.
- Patrol buildings and grounds of facilities where CAMBA programs are located.
- Examine doors, windows, gates and all fire exits to determine that they are secure and in accordance with all fire regulations.
- Observe and report irregularities such as unusual tenant behavior, trespassers, fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Monitor tenants and facility via security camera systems.
- Conduct fire safety patrol and report findings or fire safety concerns to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Conduct security screenings of all tenants and visitors entering the facility.
- Issue commendations to support positive tenant behaviors such as peers helping peers, compliance with rules and regulations, etc.
- Counsel tenants that violate rules (such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles) and complete infraction reports.
- Observe departing employees, visitors and/or tenants to guard against theft of CAMBA property.
- Document in the security log book and incident report forms property damage, unusual occurrences, and incidents with employees, visitors and tenants.
- Maintain assigned equipment per shift.
- Sign equipment in and out for each shift.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D and/or equivalent experience; must have and maintain NYS Security License.
- Must have 8 hour Pre-Assignment security guard training course certificate.
- Must obtain 16 hour On-the-Job security guard training course certificate within 90 days of employment.
- Must complete 8 Hour Annual In-Service Course each calendar year.
- Must have and maintain a NYS Security Guard license.
- Must obtain NYS Security Guard registration, and must maintain registration during employment.
- Must obtain Fire guard certification and maintain it throughout employment.
Compensation: $18.00 per hour
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.