Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Cornerstone Program: CAMBA administers services at 9 Community Centers across Brooklyn. All Cornerstone programs are run in partnership with other community organizations to provide education, recreation, cultural activities, health information and screenings, youth leadership and social services to the neighborhood’s students, their families, and other residents.
Position: Security Guard
Reports To: Program Director
Location: Brownsville & East New York
What the Security Guard Does: The person filling this position is expected, under general direction, to:
- Maintain access control and traffic inside facilities to ensure the order and security of people and property.
- Detect and/or prevent fires, vandalism, theft, or infractions of the rules.
- Maintain assigned posts throughout the facility until properly relieved.
- Protect employees, visitors, and clients.
- Observe and report irregularities such as unusual behavior, property damage, fire hazards, etc.
- Provide directions to visitors when requested.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have 8 hour Pre-Assignment security guard training course certificate.
- Must obtain 16 hour On-the-Job security guard training course certificate within 90 days of employment.
- Must complete 8 Hour Annual In-Service Course each calendar year.
- Must have and maintain NYS Security Guard license.
- Must obtain NYS Security Guard registration, and must maintain registration during employment.
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within 90 days of employment.
- Dept. of Health, Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance; and State Central Registry (SCR) clearance.
- Ability to maintain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance and fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- Ability to adapt to the culture and environment of a public school.
Compensation: $15.30 per hour
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All CAMBA Education and Youth Development staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in compliance with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene requirements for DYCD-funded programs.
To apply, please click this link Security Guard, CAMBA Cornerstone Program