Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
PROGRAM: CAMBA GARDENS Phase II is a 293 unit supportive/affordable housing development located in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn. CAMBA Housing Ventures (CHV), the housing development subsidiary of CAMBA, developed these units. 182 of these units are set aside for formerly homeless individuals and families. 108 units are for Population A individuals, chronically homeless single adults who suffer from Serious and Persistent Mental Illness or who have a co-occurring Mental Illness and Chemical Addiction (MICA). 15 units are for Population H individuals, chronically homeless single adults who have a substance abuse disorder that is the barrier to independent living and who also have a disabling clinical condition. 24 units are for Population II chronically homeless families, in which the head of household suffers from a substance abuse disorder, a disabling medical condition or HIV/AIDS. CAMBA provides on-site case management and supportive services in addition to 24/7 security.
Position: Security Guard
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 560 Winthrop Street, Brooklyn, New York 11203
What The Security Guard Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under close supervision, to: (1) maintain access control and traffic inside facilities to maintain order and security of people and property; (2) detect and/or prevent fires, vandalism, theft, or infractions of the rules; (3) maintain assigned posts throughout the facility until properly relieved; (4) protect employees, visitors and tenants; and, (5) provide directions to visitors when requested
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be fingerprinted and obtain Criminal History Checks” (CHC) with Justice Center for the Protection of Vulnerable People with Special Needs.
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- As a Mandated Reporter, you must immediately report suspected incidents/cases of abuse and neglect to the Vulnerable Persons Central Register (VPCR) Hotline at 1-855-373-2122 and complete a CAMBA Incident Report.
- Must have 8 hour Pre-Assignment security guard training course certificate.
- Must obtain 16 hour On-the-Job security guard training course certificate within 90 days of employment.
- Must complete 8 Hour Annual In-Service Course each calendar year.
- Must have and maintain a NYS Security Guard license.
- Must obtain NYS Security Guard registration, and must maintain registration during employment.
- Must obtain Fire guard certification and maintain it throughout employment.
Compensation: $18.00 hourly
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: Full- time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.