Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Highbridge Overlook provides housing for chronically homeless single adults who are diagnosed with SPMI (seriously and persistently mentally ill) or MICA (mentally iII and chemically addicted) in the Highbridge section of The Bronx.
Position: Part Time Security Guard
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 240 West 167th St, Bronx, NY 10452
What The Security Guard Does:
- Maintain access control and traffic inside facilities to ensure the order and security of people and property
- Detect and/or prevent fires, vandalism, theft, or infractions of the rules
- Maintain assigned posts throughout the facility until properly relieved
- Protect employees, visitors, and clients
- Observe and report irregularities such as unusual behavior, property damage, fire hazards, etc.
- Provide directions to visitors when requested.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D and/or equivalent experience; must have and maintain NYS Security License.
- Must have 8 hour Pre-Assignment security guard training course certificate.
- Must have 16 hour On-the-Job security guard training course certificate or obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Must complete 8 Hour Annual In-Service Course each calendar year.
- Must have and maintain a NYS Security Guard license.
- Must obtain NYS Security Guard registration, and must maintain registration during employment.
- Must obtain Fire Guard certification and maintain it throughout employment
Compensation: – $18/hour-
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.