Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA Harlem Housing Supportive Housing Program: is a collaboration of two buildings (James Bryant Homes and Vincent Cyrus Plaza 73) which were developed and are operated by the Addiction Rehabilitation Center Foundation, Inc., a nonprofit agency. CAMBA Harlem Housing are residential buildings located on East 129th street and the corner of Madison Avenue (JBH) and East 128th street between Madison and Park Avenues (VCP 73) in the East Harlem section of Manhattan. The facilities will provide a combined 92 units of supportive housing to homeless or at-risk of homelessness, single adults (age 18 and over) diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, serious mental illness (SMI) or who are diagnosed as mentally ill and chemically addicted (MICA), currently known as persons with co-occurring disorders. CAMBA, Inc. is the on-site services provider at CAMBA Harlem Housing and provides case management and security services.
Position: Security Guard
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 73 East 128th street, New York, NY 10035
What The Security Guard Does:
- Maintain access control and traffic inside facilities to maintain order and security of people and property.
- Detect and/or prevent fires, vandalism, theft, or infractions of the rules.
- Maintain assigned posts throughout the facility until properly relieved.
- Protect employees, visitors and tenants.
- Provide directions to visitors when requested.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have 8 hour Pre-Assignment security guard training course certificate.
- Must obtain 16 hour On-the-Job security guard training course certificate within 90 days of employment.
- Must complete 8 Hour Annual In-Service Course each calendar year.
- Must obtain NYS Security Guard registration, and must maintain registration during employment.
- Must obtain Fire guard certification and maintain it throughout employment.
Compensation: $15. 30
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.