Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Legacy Houses is a 65 unit affordable/supportive housing development located in the East Harlem section of New York City. Of the 65 units, 30 are studio apartments set aside for formerly homeless people with HIV/AIDS. CAMBA is the on-site service provider at Legacy Houses and offers case management and 24/7 security.
Position: Security Guard
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 2081 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10037
What The Security Guard Does:
- Maintain access control and traffic inside facilities to ensure the order and security of people and property
- Detect and/or prevent fires, vandalism, theft, or infractions of the rules
- Maintain assigned posts throughout the facility until properly relieved
- Protect employees, visitors, and clients
- Observe and report irregularities such as unusual behavior, property damage, fire hazards, etc.
- Provide directions to visitors when requested.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have 8 hour Pre-Assignment security guard training course certificate.
- Must obtain 16 hour On-the-Job security guard training course certificate within 90 days of employment.
- Must complete 8 Hour Annual In-Service Course each calendar year.
- Must have and maintain a NYS Security Guard license.
- Must obtain NYS Security Guard registration, and must maintain registration during employment.
- Must obtain Fire Guard (F02) certification and maintain it throughout employment.
Compensation:$18.00 per hour
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.