Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA Housing Ventures has developed and will operate Supportive Family Housing at Van Dyke, a 101 unit supportive/affordable housing development for individuals and families. Van Dyke will be located on the campus of Van Dyke Houses, a NYCHA-owned public housing development in the Brownsville neighborhood in Brooklyn. The Van Dyke facility will provide 30 units for New York/New York III formerly homeless families. The remaining 71 units will provide housing for low-income households, including a live-in superintendent. Fifty-two units will be set aside for NYCHA residents. CAMBA will serve 30 chronically homeless families, or families at serious risk of becoming chronically homeless, in which the head of household suffers from a serious and persistent mental illness or is diagnosed as mentally ill and chemically addicted under Population Option II.
Position: Security Guard
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 603 Mother Gaston Blvd., Brooklyn, NY 11212
What The Security Guard Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under close supervision, to: (1) maintain access control and traffic inside facilities to maintain order and security of people and property; (2) detect and/or prevent fires, vandalism, theft, or infractions of the rules; (3) maintain assigned posts throughout the facility until properly relieved; (4) protect employees, visitors and tenants; and, (5) provide directions to visitors when requested
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be fingerprinted and obtain Criminal History Checks” (CHC) with Justice Center for the Protection of Vulnerable People with Special Needs.
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- As a Mandated Reporter, you must immediately report suspected incidents/cases of abuse and neglect to the Vulnerable Persons Central Register (VPCR) Hotline at 1-855-373-2122 and complete a CAMBA Incident Report.
- Must have 8 hour Pre-Assignment security guard training course certificate.
- Must obtain 16 hour On-the-Job security guard training course certificate within 90 days of employment.
- Must complete 8 Hour Annual In-Service Course each calendar year.
- Must have and maintain a NYS Security Guard license.
- Must obtain NYS Security Guard registration, and must maintain registration during employment.
- Must obtain Fire guard certification and maintain it throughout employment.
Compensation: $15.30 hourly
Status: Full- time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.