Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Via Vyse is a building which was developed and is operated by Dunn Development Corp., a private developer. Via Vyse is a newly constructed residential building located in the East Morrisiana section of New York City. This new construction is approximately 102,000 square foot within a 12-story elevator building located at 1812 Vyse Avenue in The Bronx. The project has 121 residential dwelling units, one of which will be a superintendent’s unit. The unit distribution is 46 studios, with the remainder being one and two bedroom units. CAMBA, Inc. is the on-site services provider at Via Vyse. Sixty one apartments, 51% of the units in the building, will be master leased by CAMBA and will house chronically homeless single adults and families who, the head of households, are diagnosed with chronic health conditions. The remaining 59 units are occupied by community residents, who may require some services.
Position: Security Guard
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 1812 Vyse Avenue Bronx, NY 10460
What The Security Guard Does:
- Maintain access control and traffic inside facilities to ensure the order and security of people and property.
- Detect and/or prevent fires, vandalism, theft, or infractions of the rules.
- Maintain assigned posts throughout the facility until properly relieved.
- Protect employees, visitors, and clients.
- Observe and report irregularities such as unusual behavior, property damage, fire hazards.
- Provide directions to visitors when requested.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Obtain “Criminal History Checks” (CHC) fingerprinting through the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) and the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs (Justice System).
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.Must have 8 hour Pre-Assignment security guard training course certificate.
- Must obtain 16 hour On-the-Job security guard training course certificate within 90 days of employment.Must complete 8 Hour Annual In-Service Course each calendar year.
- Must have and maintain a NYS Security Guard license.Must obtain NYS Security Guard registration, and must maintain registration during employment.
Compensation: – $18 per hour –
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)-
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.