Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Flagstone Family Center provides comprehensive case management services to 160 families who are in a Tier II transitional residence program for homeless families. The facility consists of eight (8) four (4) story walk up apartment buildings on the east and west sides of the street. There will be two main entrances: one for the east side of the street and one for the west. Each building contains 20 apartments of varying sizes, each fully self-contained
Position: Shelter Director
Reports To: Senior- Vice President
Location: 196 Amboy Street, Brooklyn, NY 11212
What The Shelter Director Does:
- manage one or more programs which require contact with internal and external clients and/or the community
- understand all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff
- participate in program design
- Oversee all program operations and manage direct reporting program staff and their subordinates
- Oversee onsite and organize offsite training opportunities for professional development of staff.
- Ensure that the site meets all regulatory compliance (i.e.-health, DHS, OTDA, Callahan, RSRI, safety, and fire department).
- Ensure that all housing goals, targets, and performance outcomes are met on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Ensure staff utilization of electronic database and conduct oversight to ensure data integrity.
- develop and implement crisis prevention and/or intervention strategies to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Review and sign time sheets
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) and three years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.
- Supervisory experience a must.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.