Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The Broadway House Women’s Shelter located in the Bushwick section of Brooklyn serves 165 women, approximately 37 of whom are MICA.
Position: Shift Supervisor
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 1245 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11221
What The Shift Supervisor Does:
- Input client data using DHS’ CARES database, as needed.
- Communicate effectively with clients, direct reporting staff, peers, supervisors, and funders.
- Ensure regulatory compliance is met per NYS DHS, NYS OTDA, NYC FDNY, NYC Dept. of Health, NYC Coalition for the Homeless, etc, is adhered to. (i.e., log book entries, bed checks, client belongings, security, client care, medication, etc).
- Ensure security and residential aide and social service staff conduct new client orientation within 24 hours of entry into the facility.
- Ensure the safety and security of operations of the facility by maintaining adequate staffing levels.
- Ensure inventory of security equipment is up to date.
- Ensure security of valuables and medications in safe/cabinet.
- Retrieve, observe and document client’s self-administration of medications, as appropriate.
- Utilize performance management systems to encourage the ongoing communication process with direct staff in order to develop, enhance, sustain, and improve the employees’ work performance.
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day functions of the facility ensuring programming, rounds, and client care services are occurring.
- Implement strategies for effective team performance.
- Professionally respond to complaints, incidents and emergencies and/or incidents and interview all parties, analyze, collect data, document and report the situation.
- Resolve individual conflicts and disputes between staff or clients in a respectful and solution based manner.
- Lead and participate in program meetings as requested.
- Engage clients to address issues that arise on the shift and document and communicate via written logs, face-to-face meetings etc. to ensure appropriate staff are aware.
- Monitor clients’ safety and ensure safety policies and procedures are practiced daily.
- Overcome resistance to change from clients, direct reporting staff, and supervisors/funders.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
- Prepare performance appraisals for direct reporting staff.
- Review and sign time sheets.
- In the absence of adequate staffing, will have direct service/program responsibility in addition to the above.
- Enforce and adhere to the Good Neighbor Policy and respond to community concerns when appropriate.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- HS Diploma or GED and 3 years applicable experience, or Associate’s degree (A.A.) and 2 years applicable experience, or Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Must obtain and maintain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in overdose prevention.
- Must obtain and maintain F-80 Fire Safety Coordinator certification
- Must obtain and maintain CPI (Crisis Prevention) certified
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.