Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA EYD Programs operate after-school and summer camp programs in New York City, serving almost 2,400 children in elementary and middle schools. Programs operate during the school year, in the summer, and on most school holidays. Depending on location, we offer environmental, conservation, arts, violence and drug prevention, and music therapy programs with public and private partners.
Position: Site Director
Reports To: Asst. Prog. Dir., Prog. Dir or Sr. Prog. Dir
Location: Brooklyn, NY
What The Site Director Does:
The Site Director is the individual in charge and on site that ensures the effective and high quality functioning of all operational aspects of CAMBA’s out of school time program in accordance with all program goals, targets and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures and protocols.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years supervisory experience required
- Experience working with elementary school students in a school-based or community-based setting; after-school and summer camp experience preferred
- Must obtain and maintain
- Dept. of Health (DOH) fingerprint clearance
- Dept. of Education (DOE) fingerprint clearance
- Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance
- State Central Registry (SCR) clearance.
- Familiarity with diverse ethnic and cultural communities
- Outstanding organizational, critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills
- Sensitivity to parent concerns and child development issues
- Enthusiasm; creativity, initiative and the ability to adapt quickly to change
All CAMBA Education and Youth Development staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in compliance with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene requirements for DYCD-funded programs.