Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Office of Strategic Partnerships cultivates relationships with funders, stakeholders, and community members in order to support CAMBA’s growth and high-quality programming. The Communications Unit is part of CAMBA’s Office of Strategic Partnerships, which includes Marketing & Communications, Development, and Advocacy.
Position: Social Media/Communications Intern
Reports To: Directly: Communications Director Indirectly: Senior Vice-President, Strategic Partnerships
What The Intern Does:
- Support the Strategic Partnerships team in developing and implementing social media calendars and plans
- Brainstorming content ideas
- Assisting with outreach and promotional campaign strategies to boost brand engagement and increase awareness across CAMBA’s social media channels
- Assisting with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Creating monthly, quarterly, and annual social media editorial calendars to promote the organization and its programs across CAMBA’s social media channels
- Assisting with the creation of content such as website articles, blog posts, social media infographics and shareables, and video content for social media
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Supporting the Strategic Partnerships team at live and online events as needed by capturing photos and video footage for approval
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Must be enrolled in a two-year or four-year college or university and part of the school’s internship program for college credit.
- Students enrolled as a Communications / Social Media / Marketing major preferred.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills and problem-solving experience.
- Able to multi-task and handle high-stress crisis communications situations.
- Ability to understand and communicate information about sensitive social services issues.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram content creation and posting.
Compensation: College Credit (between 1-3 credits depending on students’ availability and course of study).
Status: Part-time (Candidates should be available 10-15 hours/week for 12-15 weeks during the school year).
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.