Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA operates five homeless shelters funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services. Each shelter offers clients a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. Homeless (often mentally-ill and substance-abusing) men and women are provided with comprehensive services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent and/or supported housing. The Park Slope Shelter for Women serves 100 MICA (mentally ill chemical abusing) women at the Park Slope Armory in Brooklyn.
Position: Social Service Supervisor
Reports To: Assistant Program Director
Location: 1402 Eighth Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215
What the Social Service Supervisor Does:
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running and supervision of social services staff and services in accordance with program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Communicate effectively with clients, direct reporting staff, peers, supervisors, and funders.
- Provide training and support to staff and team members regarding psychoeducation, mental health assessments and other techniques (i.e., motivational interviewing).
- Serve as a liaison and develop linkage agreements with other community-based organizations and local mental health service providers, as necessary.
- Ensure that all direct reporting staff completes all necessary case management documentations including housing applications, ILP, and referrals to providers as required
- Troubleshoot client and direct reporting staff program problems and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Conduct and document one-on-on supervision of direct reporting staff to assess and improve work performance i.e. identify training needs, professional development etc.
- Ensure that all client charting documentation are up-to-date and reflect services provided such as service plans, re-certifications and psychiatric assessments.
- Assist with the development of program content to address residents needs related to housing, substance abuse treatment, mental health and employment.
- Provide assistance, interventions and follow-up in regards to critical incidents with clients.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Master’s Degree in Social Work (LMSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor or Licensed Master’s Degree in Counseling/Guidance and 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Supervisory experience a must.
Compensation: $58,500 – $61,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.