Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s HomeBase Program provides case management and essential services to at-risk individuals and families in Brooklyn and Staten Island to prevent homelessness, helping them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households.
Position: Success Coach/Adult Education Instructor
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: 1117 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn NY 11213
What The Success Coach Does:
- Assist clients in identifying and clarifying their career and financial goals for personal success and partner with them to improve their focus and presentation skills, secure employment and assess potential career pathways
- Access financial coaching, educational and vocational training opportunities to advance their job options and earning power
- Assist clients to identify and achieve realistic goals exploring their unique processing styles and ingrained habits/beliefs
- Create actionable steps to meet their goals and provide support
- Provide classroom, one-on-one, and remote instruction on relevant subjects (i.e. Goal setting, Personal finances and budgeting, Job search skills, Career path planning, etc.)
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) and one year of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience
Experience in adult education and career exploration with a working knowledge of online learning tools
- Recognized life coaching certification a plus
- Familiarity with NYC public benefits and housing subsidies a plus