Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
PS 306 Ethan Allen Community School is as school based program that offers a strategy to organize resources and share leadership to integrate social services into the fabric of the schools. Community Schools offer a holistic approach toward improving academic performance driven by collaborative partnerships among principals, parents, teachers and CBOs. At the student level, Community Schools aim to increase student attendance, student engagement, development of social and emotional skills, and improve academic performance. At the school level, Community Schools aim to improve school culture, more actively engage families and provide seamless service delivery with partner organizations.
Position: Social Worker
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: PS 306 Ethan Allen Community School
What The Success Coach Does:
- Assist families in understanding and integrating with DOE systems.
- Organize and facilitate family groups.
- Recruit families for 3K and 4K programming by contacting/visiting neighboring daycare or KinderCare programs to make school visible.
- Case management services for all students in the Early Education program.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Associate’s Degree, BA preferred
- 2 years of Child Development Experience
- Must obtain and maintain
- Dept. of Education (DOE) fingerprint clearance
- Doctor’s note certifying good health
- Proof of negative results from TB test.
- Supervisory experience a must.
- Ability to adapt to the culture and environment of a public school.
All CAMBA Education and Youth Development staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in compliance with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene requirements for DYCD-funded programs.