Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA Legal Services, Inc. (CLS) is the legal services arm of CAMBA, Inc. CLS provides free civil legal services to low-income New Yorkers in the areas of consumer law, foreclosure prevention, immigration, housing law, and domestic violence assistance. In addition to providing direct representation and providing legal advice and counsel to thousands of clients, CAMBA attorneys also engage in legislative advocacy, impact litigation in both state and federal court, provide community education and offer expert training on a wide range of issues, services that allow members of our community improve their lives.
Position: Supervisor/ Office Manager
Reports To: Program Director
Location: 20 Snyder Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11226
What the Supervisor Does:
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running and supervision of program-related staff and services in accordance with all program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Responsible for overall office management for CAMBA Legal Services (CLS) at its 20 Snyder Avenue site.
- Provide direct services and oversight of all aspects of front desk coverage including providing adequate coverage; scheduling intake appointments; greeting and assisting clients and potential clients; ensuring that all staff covering the front desk are providing excellent service to clients, and scheduling and referring them appropriately, and entering data properly into CLS’s data base(s).
- Order office supplies. Maintain and manage appropriate inventory of office supplies on site.
- Maintain the CLS file room. Organize box and label files to go to storage.
- Ensure mail run to various sites and/or post office is conducted daily, including doing mail run.
- Motivate and coach direct reporting staff to excel in the performance of their jobs.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- HS Diploma or GED and 6 years applicable experience, or Associate’s degree (A.A.) and 4 years experience, or Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.W.) and 2 years experience and/or equivalent experience.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.