Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’S Food Programs, made up of the NOEP Program and the Beyond Hunger Emergency Food Pantry, work to ensure that no one in Brooklyn go hungry. The NOEP Program provides outreach to individuals and families who may be eligible for Food Stamps. Staff assists eligible persons on-site in filling out their applications and provides referrals to other food and nutritional resources. The Beyond Hunger Emergency Food Pantry, in Partnership with United Way of NYC, distributes a 3 day supply of 3 meals per day of nutritional food to CAMBA clients-as well as those referred to us by churches and other agencies – due to hunger or lack of funds for adequate food purchase. Services also include review of public benefits and assistance with applications, money management, nutritional education, referrals to social service programs and health care providers, etc.
Position: Supervisor I
Reports To: Executive Vice President
Location: 21 Snyder Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Supervisor Does:
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract’s goals and performance targets.
- Motivate, coach and counsel direct reporting staff to excel.
- Improve teamwork among direct reporting staff as well as among peers.
- Troubleshoot customer and direct reporting staff program problems, and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Work with direct reporting staff to improve work performance through client feedback, training, weekly documentation and one-on-one supervision.
- Overcome resistance to change from customers, direct reporting staff, and supervisors/funders.
- Administer constructive discipline to direct reporting staff, as needed.
- Manage own time effectively and coordinate program activities to maximize time of direct reporting staff.
- Monitor customers’ progress towards their goals weekly.
- Review all documentation related to customers’ progress for accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
- Lead and participate in administrative and staff meetings as requested.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
- Review and sign timesheets.
- Prepare performance appraisals for direct reporting staff.
- May prepare marketing materials for the program.
- May reach out and market the program to the community in order to recruit customers.
- May prescreen customers over the telephone for eligibility and may schedule intake appointments.
- May conduct initial intake or assessment of clients and/or clients’ families and periodic reassessments.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual preferred.
- New York State Driver’s License preferred.
- If driving:
- Must have Valid New York State Driver’s License and excellent driving history.
- Must complete NYS Approved Defensive Driving Classes every 3 years.
- Must take Refresher Computerized Defensive Driver class.
- Must remain insurable based on CAMBA’s point system throughout the duration of employment.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must score at least 80% on computerized 15 passenger van improvement test every year.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must pass an observed Van Road Test.
- Acknowledge review of CAMBA’s Transportation Policy.
Compensation: -$53,000-$58,000 annually-
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.