Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The T Building is a building which was developed and is operated by Dunn Development Corp., a private developer, and NY Health and Hospitals. The T Building is a residential building located in the Jamaica section of Queens. The project has 200 residential dwelling units. CAMBA, Inc. is the on-site services provider at the T Building. Seventy-Five apartments, will be master leased by CAMBA and will house chronically homeless single adults who are diagnosed with SPMI (seriously and persistently mentally ill). The remaining units are occupied by low income lottery community residents.
Position: Clinical Supervisor
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 82-41 Parsons Blvd, Jamaica, New York 11432
What the Supervisor Does:
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract’s goals and performance targets.
- Motivate, coach and counsel direct reporting staff to excel.
- Complete client psychiatric assessments, as necessary.
- Ensure that all direct reporting staff completes all necessary case management documentations including assessments and service plans, and referrals to providers as required.
- Assist with the development of program content to address residents needs related to housing, substance abuse treatment, mental health and employment.
- Review and sign time sheets.
- Provide assistance, interventions and follow-up in regards to critical incidents with clients.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
- Task may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over a period of time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Must be fingerprinted and obtain Criminal History Checks” (CHC) with Justice Center for the Protection of Vulnerable People with Special Needs.
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- As a Mandated Reporter, you must immediately report suspected incidents/cases of abuse and neglect to the Vulnerable Persons Central Register (VPCR) Hotline at 1-855-373-2122 and complete a CAMBA Incident Report.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA