Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s The Landing Family Shelter is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 169 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The three story facility has rooms of various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and social services.
Position: Supervisor II
Reports To: Senior Program Manager
Location: 9400 Ditmas Boulevard, Queens, NY 11369
What The Supervisor Does:
- Communicate effectively with clients, direct reporting staff, peers, supervisors, and funders.
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract’s goals and performance targets.
- Motivate, coach and counsel direct reporting staff to excel.
- Improve teamwork among direct reporting staff as well as among peers.
- Troubleshoot client and direct reporting staff program problems and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Develop program content.
- Work with direct reporting staff to improve work performance through client feedback, training, weekly documentation of one-on-one supervision of staff.
- Overcome resistance to change from clients, direct reporting staff, and supervisors/funders.
- Administer constructive discipline to direct reporting staff, as needed.
- Manage own time effectively and coordinate program activities to maximize time of direct reporting staff.
- Monitor clients’ progress toward their goals and document via progress notes.
- Review all documentation related to clients’ progress for accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
- Have direct client service/program responsibilities in addition to the above (i.e. maintain caseload).
- Review, correct and sign service plans and/or recertification bi-weekly.
- Conduct chart auditing of client files.
- Report all Priority 1 incidents upon occurrence and immediately complete and submit incident reports.
- Review for accuracy and submit Case Management statistical spreadsheets monthly.
- Lead and participate in administrative and staff meetings as requested.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
- May review and sign timesheets.
- May prepare performance appraisals for direct reporting staff.
- May prepare marketing materials for the program.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree (e.g., B.A., B.S.) and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Must obtain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance, The Register of Substantiated Category One Cases of Abuse or Neglect aka Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance and Criminal history information checks via fingerprinting with New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services prior to start of employment.
- Ability to maintain clearances throughout the duration of employment.
Compensation: -$55,000-$60,000 annually-
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)-
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.