Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and support they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross-section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The IT Department provides reliable, practical, and cost-effective information systems support to the CAMBA staff.
Position: Technical Support Specialist
Reports To: Supervisor I
Location: 20 Snyder Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Technical Support Specialist Does: The person filling this position is expected, under general supervision, to (1) Provide technical assistance to CAMBA staff, as requested; (2) Install, update, upgrade, and troubleshoot standard software applications; (3) Back up and recover critical data and functions; and (4) Perform software distribution, installation, and diagnostics.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Associates degree (A. S.) in Computer Science and two years of applicable experience; or, Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science and A+ Certificate required and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of, and at least two year of experience working with: Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2010/2016 or later.
- Valid New York State driver’s license
- May need knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Writer.
- Ability and willingness to lift / carry 50-75 pounds (computer equipment being taken in / returned from repair; new equipment being installed).
Compensation:$50,000 – $65,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.