Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Human Resources Department manages all aspects of human resources and administrative functions such as onboarding, employee benefits, compensation, recruitment, interviewing, hiring new staff, and performance measurement/appraisal.
Position: Temp Talent Acquisition Specialist
Reports To: Director of Talent Acquisition
Location: 1720 Church Ave Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Talent Acquisition Specialist Does:
- Recruiting, screening, and interviewing potential candidates across multiple levels and roles
- Working with a variety of sources, both external and internal, to source best candidates for open positions.
- Working with hiring managers to make candidate determinations
- Attend Career, College and community job fairs
- Build and foster relationships with career partners to create candidate pipelines
- Negotiates salaries
- Prepare and execute job offers
- Manage the recruitment life-cycle
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Human Resources or related field
- Two years of recruitment experience and/or equivalent experience
- Ability to maintain objectivity and confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and adapt within a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines
- Networking capabilities
- Non-profit experience
- High volume recruiting experience
Compensation: – $28.00-$33.00 hourly
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.