Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Flagstone Family Center provides comprehensive case management services to 160 families who are in a Tier II transitional residence program for homeless families. The facility consists of eight (8) four (4) story walk up apartment buildings on the east and west sides of the street. There will be two main entrances: one for the east side of the street and one for the west. Each building contains 20 apartments of varying sizes, each fully self-contained.
Position: Young Adult Career Advisor
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 196 Amboy Street, Brooklyn, NY 11212
What the Young Adult Career Advisor Does:
- Serve as children and/or youth primary motivator and coordinator of program services.
- Assist “at-risk” children and/or youth in eliminating barriers to education/employment.
- Conduct initial assessment of participant’s family situations and needs (including academic and skill levels, basic skills, occupational skills, prior work experience, employability, interests, aptitudes, support services needs, family and medical history, and individual development needs.
- Administer career inventory surveys and personality tests to determine best placements for participants.
- Recruit volunteer professionals and arrange for participants to “job shadow” professionals to have a clear understanding of the world of work.
- Assist parenting youth in researching and accessing developmentally appropriate educational and recreational opportunities for their children.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g., B.A., B.S.W.) in social work or a related field and/or equivalent experience
- Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that the candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse.
Compensation: $41,000-$45,000 annually
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.