Supportive counseling sessions in 2020
of NaviGAYte Brooklyn! clients
Linked to medical providers for HIV care in 2020
Individuals and families struggling with health challenges find relief and support with CAMBA’s compassionate care, case management, and counseling. CAMBA is particularly focused on providing services to people with one or more health issues, including, but not limited to, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, substance abuse and mental illness. CAMBA’s nutritional services and HIV/AIDS prevention initiatives help our clients learn healthy habits, access care and resources, and remain healthy.
- Beyond Hunger Emergency Food Pantry served an average of 3,063 individuals monthly with healthy meals and a reliable source of nutrition.
- Case Management and Health Education Program served 69 individuals in 2018 — 86% of these clients either maintained their existing housing or were placed in new supportive housing which is a critical component to staying in good health.
- The HIV/AIDS Prevention team distributed more than 867,000 condoms to prevent the spread of disease in low- income communities.
- Women’s Prevention Services assisted 203 individuals providing 528 linkage, navigation and retention services.
- CAMBA’s NaviGAYte Brooklyn! served 127 gay, bisexual, and gender non-conforming men of color, provided 394 H-PLUS prevention screenings, and linked 57 individuals to PEP or PREP prophylaxis services.