Our Current Program Availability
Family & Community Support Programs
- Family Support staff will provide remote assistance by phone for the following
programs: Safecare Family Services, Families for Kid, our Maternal Infant Health programs, including Healthy Families, iCare and a program supported by the Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) will be operating remotely and meeting with families via phone and video when available. Existing clients should continue to contact their assigned workers. For new families seeking Safecare Family & Families for Kids services, please contact Erica Mitchell at 718- 282-1481 or 718-282-5575
- Victim Assistance Program: CAMBA’s Victim Assistance Program (VAP) is unable to accept new intakes at this time. For clients who are already enrolled in our program, please contact your case manager/victim advocate or counselor via e-mail or phone for further assistance, as staff will be working remotely at this time.
- Regarding the Office for Victim Services (OVS) compensation claims, OVS will continue to operate during this health emergency, including processing emergency awards. The Sexual Assault Hotline will remain available at 1-800-310-2449.
- BIVO: For our community based anti-gun violence program, our Brownsville In Violence Out office (BIVO) remains open and is taking additional safety measures to continue actively working as part of the City’s Crisis Management System.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) application assistance: beginning Wednesday, March 18, services will be offered remotely. Those seeking help should call 718-826-2223, ext. 40226.
- CAMBA’s Beyond Hunger Food Pantry remains open and continues to provide food for our clients on an emergency basis.
- CAMBA’s Health Homes Care Management program will be providing services by phone to its existing clients. Referrals can be made to Eric Thornhill at 347-622-3219, or email@example.com or MaryAnn Lebron at 347-971-1861, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAMBA’s health and housing programs will provide case management service by phone until its offices at 19 Winthrop Street in Brooklyn and at 89-31 161st Street in Jamaica, Queens re-open.
- CAMBA’s Health Prevention Services based out of 1259 Flatbush Avenue will be providing services by phone and using social meia until this office re-opens.
Housing and Homelessness Prevention Programs
- We will continue to operate our 24/7 emergency, supportive and transitional housing facilities, including security, with the utmost care for the safety and health of our clients and staff. We remain available to our clients 24/7.
- Homebase: For other housing assistance from our Homebase program providing support for those seeking to remain in permanent housing, please contact Homebase by email at CAMBAHomebase@camba.org or call the following Brooklyn and Staten Island locations for Homebase remote assistance—there are no walk-in appointments:
- 1117 Eastern Parkway, 718-622-7323
- 1958 Fulton Street, 718-408-5756
- 2244 Church Avenue, 718-408-5766
- 120 Stuyvesant Place, 718-282-6473
- 209 Bay Street, 718-226-0496
- As always, CAMBA Legal Services (CLS) are by appointment only. All services will be offered remotely, by phone or email. March appointments are currently full. People seeking appointments should call 311 and ask to be connected to ActionNYC, which schedules appointments citywide, including CLS immigration staff.
- CLS housing, consumer, crime victim and foreclosure units are providing services remotely. People should call 718-287-0010 and leave a message. Messages will be returned within 1-2 business days. Most civil courts are closed, except for emergencies, and cases are adjourned, for now.
Workforce Development and Adult Education Programs
- CAMBA Workforce Development: All services will be offered remotely, using calls, email, video conferencing and increasingly adaptive distance learning tools to continue supporting our clients. We provide one-on-one support including resume preparation, assistance with accessing unemployment benefits, job coaching, and job placement services. To learn more and register for services please call or email us at 718-282-0108, 347-525-8345 AND/OR Careerpath@camba.org. Messages will be returned within 1-2 business days.
- CAMBA Small Business Services has postponed in-person workshops until further notice. We will continue to serve our clients remotely via phone, email and video conferencing. Please feel free to contact us by phone (718-226-0436) or email email@example.com.
Please check www.camba.org for updates, and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in need of assistance.