CAMBA’s NaviGAYte Brooklyn! program provides outreach, education, navigation and linkage services to at-risk populations in Brooklyn, including men who have sex with men (MSM) of color, both HIV-positive and HIV-negative.
The program coordinates with other Brooklyn-based prevention and care service providers, including the existing Brooklyn based testing collaborative, Brooklyn Knows, and clinics that are active in the PlaySure Network. In doing so, NaviGAYte Brooklyn! aims to increase the number of people who know about PEP/PrEP, and increase their likelihood of starting PEP/PrEP treatment, undergoing HIV and STI testing, and maintaining primary health care.
The program uses both enhanced traditional and virtual outreach as strategies to engage potential clients in the following services:
- Prevention education, including information about pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP), and condom use;
- Linkage and Navigation to:
- HIV, STI and Hepatitis C testing and screening
- PrEP/PEP provider
- HIV primary care
- Benefits Navigation to ensure access to health insurance and available patient assistance programs for PrEP and HIV primary care
- Social services (e.g., immigration, legal, housing, etc.);
- Escort to appointments
NaviGAYte Brooklyn! supports MSM of color (Black and Latino). All services are provided in English and Spanish.
If you, a family member or friend is seeking education and support to prevent HIV/AIDS, please call Ivan Ortiz at (347) 986-6353 or Alberto Medina at (929) 271-4281. This program is managed out of CAMBA’s Community Office at 1259 Flatbush Avenue, although program staff provides services at other locations frequented by MSM in the community.
1259 Flatbush Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11226