Your gift transforms and saves lives:
provides over two weeks of healthy groceries for a hungry family
supports SAT prep to level the playing field for students who are the first in their family to go to college
provides textbooks for two classes of immigrants to learn English and access jobs
pays for independent living skills classes to teach activities of daily living to formerly homeless tenants in supportive housing
can provide legal services for a family at risk of eviction and homelessness
You make it possible for CAMBA to create, deliver, refine, and measure our important work. CAMBA services are an investment in the communities we serve. With your help, New Yorkers in need become self-sufficient, healthy, and successful:
- Families facing eviction remain in their homes.
- Teens are the first in their families to break the dropout cycle and prepare for excellence in college
- Immigrants and low-income men and women launch businesses with their new-found technology prowess
- Young adults learn essential parenting skills
- Those with chronic physical and mental health challenges find relief through sensitive, caring programs
When you invest in CAMBA, you know the work gets done. We’re responsible stewards with public and private money.
Other Ways to Support CAMBA
Corporate Matching Gifts
You can increase the value of your gift — often up to 100% — if you or your spouse works for a company with a matching gift program. Please check with your human resources department for more information.
CAMBA can also use non-cash gifts to support clients who are hungry, homeless, raising children, and struggling to establish stable homes. Stop by one of CAMBA’s in-need sites to make a donation.
Invest in the Future by Joining CAMBA’s Legacy Society
Please consider a legacy gift to ensure CAMBA will be there for those who are facing poverty, homeless and other barriers to self sufficiency, for many years to come. To leave a bequest to CAMBA, simply add the following statement to your will:
I bequeath to CAMBA, Inc., a not-for-profit corporation of the State of New York, having its principal office at 1720 Church Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226, the sum of $_________. This bequest is to be used where it is most needed.
Bequests are revocable during your lifetime, however, if you choose to notify us in writing of your intent to remember CAMBA in your will — you do not have to tell us the amount — you will become a member of CAMBA’s Legacy Society. You will be recognized in our newsletter, website and annual report. Members of the Legacy Society will be invited to an annual dinner with the Executive Director, who will bring them up to date on recent developments and answer questions about CAMBA’s work.
Make a Difference and Realize Tax Benefits
- Gifts of Stock: If you own low-yielding stocks, mutual funds or other securities that are worth more than you paid for them, you can contribute them to CAMBA, get a tax deduction for the full current value, and avoid the capital gains tax you would have incurred if you had sold the assets outright.
- IRA Transfers: If you own a traditional or a Roth IRA, and are age 70 ½ or older, you can directly transfer up to $100,000 a year to CAMBA, without having to pay taxes on the withdrawal. NOTE: This rule does not apply to employer sponsored retirement plans.
Donate by Mail or by Phone
You can also donate by mail or by phone. For more information, contact CAMBA’s Development Department at (718) 287-2600 ext. 20321 or by email at email@example.com.