The Financial Empowerment Center (FEC) provides New Yorkers with free, professional, confidential, and individualized one-on-one financial counseling and coaching. The service is available to any New York City resident over 18 years old, regardless of income or immigration status. Counselors are employed by our partner Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation and can help you:
- Take control of your debt (including Student Loans)
- Deal with debt collectors
- Improve or build your credit (they can pull your Transunion credit report and FICO score every six months without affecting the score)
- Create a budget
- Open a bank account
- Start an emergency fund
- Save and plan for your future
- Work with undocumented immigrants on safe inclusion into the financial system; and much more!
The Financial Empowerment Center offers remote counseling Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm. In person service is available Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 9am – 6pm. Spanish speaking counselors are available. The best way to make an appointment is to go to nyc.gov/talkmoney or call 311 and choose CAMBA’s partner Bed Stuy Restoration for remote or in person service.
Eligibility: NYC Residents
Clients Served Annually: 100
Referrals Accepted: Yes
2244 Church Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11226