The Financial Empowerment Center (FECs) provide New Yorkers with free, professional, confidential, and individualized one‐on‐one financial counseling and coaching. The service is available to any NYC resident over 18 years old, regardless of income or immigration status. Counselors are employed by The Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners and can help you:
- Take control of your debt (including Student Loans)
- Deal with debt collectors
- Improve or build your credit (they can pull your Transunion credit report and FICO 04 score every six months without affecting the score)
- Create a budget
- Open a bank account
- Start an emergency fund
- Save and plan for your future
- Work with undocumented immigrants on safe inclusion into the financial system
- And much more!
Financial Empowerment Center offers counseling Monday-Thursday and have appointments from 10am-4pm (last appointment ends at 5pm). Spanish speaking counselors are available on Wednesdays.
Please call (718) 226-0436 x66306 to set up an appointment for yourself or on behalf of a client. You may provide the client’s name and number and CAMBA staff will reach out to schedule the appointment..
You can also call 311 to set up an appointment directly (enter zipcode 11226 to be directed to the 2244 Church Avenue location).
2244 Church Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11226
(718) 287-0010 ext.40243